Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whew! Usually I do a Thursday thought but instead of an thought, how about an idea?

I am sitting here at home on a Wednesday afternoon.  It was supposed to have a bad storm pass through and the temperature is cold for the first week in October.  I am pouting pretty bad because I was to have a long overdue lunch with my bestest high school girlfriend.  With the weather "up in the air" we decided to make it another time when the roads would not be so dangerous.  I can work around almost anything, but ice on the drive down the mountain is one I have to walk away from.

Sooooo with a lot of time on my hands, I decided to play on the computer, imagine that?  Anyway, I came across a great tutorial on how to make your own Halloween labels, and let me tell you, this girl's blog is something else!

Look at what I did, well kinda, sorta:



How cute is this??!!!!!!!  (Squeal!!!!)  All I can say is there went my afternoon!  But what I learned from here is just the tip of the iceberg!  What a wealth of info and the easy way she explains how it is done is elementary (I liked my second grade teacher, Miss Farmer).

You can find her site  at www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/09/ghoulish-grown-up-beverage-labels/.

When you take a look (yea right), well  when you adsorb her blog, you will see one that looks almost identical to this one.  I wanted to follow her and do everything she did and then start doing them on my own.  Now that I feel more comfortable and am exited about my one of many new project that I am working on.

Here is another sign that I found and just had to have.  Wouldn't this be so cute to put into a frame and hang it just  for the fall season?

You are more than welcome to click on to this or the one above and print it for yourself.  Great colors.

So the Thursday thought?

Never memorize what you can look up in books - Albert Einstein

or in my words....

Never memorize what you can look in on the computer - Jeanine Sturgeon

Let me know what you think and if when you make some really cool labels, share with me and my viewers!  

Is your mind racing all over the place because of this?  I hope so!  I know mine is.

Have an incredible day!

OBTW, it never did rain and storm here, ohhhhh I am so aggravated!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the one of the pumpkin! I'll have to give the picsa thingy a try. I've done some of that kind of thing on Photoshop Elements. Fun. :)

Jeanine said...

Good Mornin Kathryn! I have Photoshop Elements too. But fun really wouldn't be a word I would use to describe Elements :( I drove me nuts and just when I thought I had it figured out, I went and forgot everything I learned!

I love the pumpkin, too!

Anonymous said...

I love that Pumpkin graphic you included on your Blog. So here's what I did. I sent it to Staples.com and they printed out (1) 8 1/2 x 11 and (1) 11x17 in color and laminated both and trimmed the edges. So I took the smaller one, sprayed the back in some heavy-duty adhesive that Reid had in the garage. Then stuck it to a 9x12 piece of tin (found in the roofing supply section at Home DEE-po (must pronounce it like that). Then I stained a slightly larger piece of wood and my trusty assistant used tiny nails to attach the picture + tin to the piece of wood. Then my trusty assistant nailed a frame hanger thingy to the back and I hung it on the front door. Voila! I will take a picture of it to send you.

It came out fabulous!