Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blurb, blurb, coming up for air....

Splash!  Hear me gasping for air!  Wow!  I have been drowning in my own craziness!  There has been so much I have wanted to post, but that is just one more thing to do without finishing anything.

So the next question you have is, did I finish anything and what are you talking about?

The answer is nope not one thing has been finished and listed below are the crazy things I have been doing:


My trusty beloved computer has really really been sick.  She just didn't wake up one morning.  The HORROR!!!!  I panicked and started running through the house like I was on fire trying to call my trusty computer guy, pleading to the phone "please answer, please answer, fix her quickly!"  Well I was calming down when I had to leave him a message, figures....

I took her over to his office, waiting for him to arrive and make her and I all better.  Please make her ok.....
Miracle worker I say.  He did fix her and she is all better, now.  She had a really BAD bug in her and now I have like four safeguards to make sure my little girl doesn't get sick like that again.  It was like having a child sick.  I panicked hard!  But with her check up I learned that I have to get more space for her, I guess having over 4 thousand gazillion pictures on here isn't the best place to put them.  But you never know when you just have to pull up the perfect picture to go on your post.  Am I right?

So, with that being done, the month of February is marching on.  Ha ha, get it "marching on".  Uh hum, anyway, I decided to try some different things and not necessarily in order. I am listing my projects that I have been currently taking on.  I am going to post the con then the pro, but it is not in order, due to the fact that everything I have been tackling is bringing with it difficulties, to say the least.  But there is always a bright side and we will call it them "Pro".  OK?
  • Taking a class to make my first quilt.  
Con:  WOW I had no idea that sewing would be so hard.
Cut my instructor on the first day learning to use my new rotary cutter.
I sliced her good.

Pro:  I learned how to thread my sewing machine.
Pictures to follow.

  • Planning  a baby shower. 
Con:  Wow, had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I have never thrown a baby shower before, When I had my twins they were four.

Pro:  I love to throw a party, just add some baby stuff in it, how hard can this be?
Pictures to follow

  •  Learning to use the Silhouette Machine:
 Con:  Holy Mother of God, I had NO idea that this machine is as complicated as it is!

Pro:  Can't wait to see the finished product.
Pictures to follow

  • Learning PrintShop 22
Con: Whoa!  Several hours later I am still at "Now how do I save this in jpg". 

Pro:  Print Shop is sooo much easier to use then Photoshop.
  • Learning Photoshop
Con:  Oh crap this is difficult.
Pro:  Let me get back to you on that one!
  • Our church has asked Andy and I to be the Greeter Coordinators.
Con:  Now I have to get up early.
Pro:  I am getting to be the first person who greets people when they walk in the door.  It's like inviting them into my home.
  • Planning a Mother's Day Brunch for the ladies at Church.
Con:  Have never planned a Mother's Day brunch other than my mom's brunch.  Heck anyone can make reservations at the Queen Mary.  I am a genius at that.
Pro:  I love to throw a party, just add moms, how hard can this be?
Pictures to follow
  • Doing little sewing projects to get used to my machine
Con:  Back the bus up! Do you think I should have done that BEFORE I decided to make a quilt.  Are you kidding me?
Pro:  Learning to thread my machine.
  • Making pillow cases:  
This sounds silly, but I have to admit even though these pillow cases are over $30.00 for two and took me five hours to make them, they are definitely worth it.  But....

Con:  Make sure when you sew you need to make certain your pattern is set up correctly.  So when you put your pillows in them and put them on your bed one is not upside down.  Crap.  There is a right and left part of a pillow, who knew?
Pro:  I love making this little gems and I want to make 100 of them.  Guess what people are getting as gifts?
Pictures to follow.

So, that is what I have been up to in the last 24 hours.  Just kidding, Ok this past couple of weeks.

But it is now my goal to finish some of the projects I am working on.  I have talked to myself and realize that if I keep spinning I won't get anything accomplished.

I realize that all of you can relate and sympathize with what I am doing to myself.   If you can, raise your hand!

Ok off to cut my squares for my quilt,  now where did I put the rotary cutter?

UPDATE::
I have a challenge:  This is the main reason I am going crazy.  Below is a picture that I got during Halloween.  I am trying desperately to find out how to do this.  Not necessarily for Halloween, but to make these labels for the Baby Shower I am doing.  Does anyone out there know how to do this and can help me...PLEASE!!!  Argh!  This is why I am not getting anything done.
Take a look at what I am talking about Here and Here.  I want to try the same labels and do the background in a different style.  If all else fails, ask for help.  Help!!
Have a great week and I promise to show some of the projects I am working on when they start taking form.

No comments: