Friday, March 6, 2009

Deep Fried Jalapenos! Second Recipe


My husband and I were at Hooters, and yes I do go there for their chicken wings! We were with my sister and B-I-L and we ordered these little golden goodies.

To start, I love hot food, but not hot food to burn me, I like the taste not the burn! So, I loved these so much I came home and tried these the next week. I am (very lazily) making a spicy cookbook and it will be done hopefully not in long in the future, I said that last year, but getting it done is a lot harder than saying it.

Let me know what you think, remember to wash your hands after handling the peppers, there was a time that I cut jalapenos then wiped my eye......

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 eggs
1 cup beer
1/2 quart vegetable oil
2 cups sliced jalapeno peppers


DIRECTIONS
Mix flour, salt, pepper, red chili powder, garlic powder, eggs, and beer together in a bowl.
In a deep fryer, or large pot heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). (Or until it bubbles when you add the first jalapeno)
Dip the sliced jalapenos in the batter. Place battered jalapenos in deep fryer. The jalapenos are fully cooked when they float to the surface of the oil. They should be golden brown and crispy.

P.S. they are REALLY good served with Melted Nacho cheese!

2 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

I took out ONE contact lens many hours after cutting up habaneros for mango salsa.... whoa boy, did I regret that, I was down on the floor, I kid you not!!! Talk about pain. Learned MY lesson, did I ever!

Lesa said...

I have another twist to it...we cut up our peppers then dip them in corn meal. Then we fry them up. They are a favorite around here!