Monday, October 26, 2009

Missions Trip to Tecate Mexico...working at Rancho De Sus Ninos!





WOW, is all I can say. Our church or should I say our Mission Team at church had made plans to go to this orphanage in Tecate this month to offer our services with the construction of the facility.

I had NO idea what to expect. A little nervous, yes. A little scared, not really, but apprehensive DEFINITELY! Just not knowing is what kills me. I am the type that just jumps in and has to experience everything then make the decision to or not to do it again, I hate the 'NOT KNOWING". What was the apprehension? I am not totally certain, the condition of the orphanage, the children, would my heart heart so much that I couldn't stand it? Would tears fall down like rain and I beat my chest with sorrow? That is probably it, but alas NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!!!

What a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE with the orphanage, that is. The trip....well.. let's just say (as I am laughing under my breath) was something you just have to experience. Hopefully, through my writing you will understand, maybe.

The RDSN (Rancho De Sus Ninos) had the directions on their website, which we printed up and Sandi had the directions via Google for the hotel. All set...let's go, only four of us ended up going instead of the 12 that we had expected, they were dropping like flies! So we took off and away we went, thinking this trip would take us about 3.5 hours instead of 6.5 hours.

The Mexican Government had closed (yes I mean CLOSED the exit for the orphanage. How in the world do you get there??? In my infinite wisdom I didn't write any phone numbers for them at the ranch. So we drive slowly to a gate that is located on the side of the road with NO signs. To make a very long story not as long, it took us three times trough the toll booth back and forth(a total of $19.00) then finally back to the same spot as the first time and Andy jumped the fence and walked through the facility until he found someone to unlock the gate. Thank God that John and Ingred had been there a couple of years back or we would have NEVER found it!

We were back there the next morning to wire the two buildings and between the four of us, we had BOTH building wired in about 5 hours! These building have been sitting for over a year just waiting to have electricity wired. The overseer, Pedro, said he had NEVER had a crew work so fast EVER! We ROCK!!!



We stopped at 1PM to have lunch with the children, ohh they were so sweet! Sandwiches were a big deal considering they usually have rice and beans for lunch, we were lucky that day! Dead tired on Saturday evening but back on Sunday to their church, something I was looking so forward to. All I can say was WOW! The band ROCKED, I don't understand Spanish, but I LOVED their music, it was Beautiful. Kids running around, people praising, everyone singing, sounded like Angles! There were over 300 people at this service and to see God working in this church is beyond words.

The houses are clean, spotless actually, the children happy to definitely loved, the whole group working as one.

I cried a few times when I was there on Saturday and on Sunday, but not for sorrow but for the love this place had.

Well, I am home, glad to be back, glad I went and I am looking forward to going there again soon!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Next time I see you, have Don explain
the road work in Mexico-especially
when it's election month!