Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Walmart. Outing.....

Well, as everyone knows I live very rural, I try not to sound like I am complaining about the distance I have to go to get anywhere.  This is where I chose to live and am happy to be here.

However.....

I am not a shopper, but when I get in the mood......

I went down the hill on Sunday, trying to get to as many places as I could with the time allotted for me.  Let's see, I need to go to Michaels, Walmart, Big 5, Burlington Coat Factory,  Dress Barn, Bed Bath and Beyond, Fashion Bug, Lowes, Grocery Store, get gas and only have 2 hours to do what needs to be done!  That is already a 4 hour day considering it takes two hours just in driving round trip!   Forget about getting something to eat, there is just not enough time!

In my mind I map out where I have to go furthest, I'll hit Michaels, but wait let's stop at Walmart first.  OK this is where it gets interesting.

I don't shop Walmart. Period. I know I need to for the saving but in the Big Box Stores I am a Target girl.  I don't think I have been in a Walmart in years upon years. 

Let me see if I can set the stage correctly.  I park FAR FAR away, not by choice.  The amount of people going into the store looked like there was a renunion concert of some 80's band.!  Serious!  WOW!  I actually had to stop because of the mass of people trying to get into the doors.  I thought "There IS a concert going on in here".

When I got into the store, there was a McDonalds to the right.  That took me back to the time when I was little and my mom used to take me to KMart and we would have lunch in the diner they had.  Boy was that special!  Now I look at the brightness and the plastic seats (fast food places do that so it won't be comfortable and you won't stay long) and the chaos.  Chaos is a good word to describe this event.

So I went to the fabric area.  I can't believe they sell fabric at Walmart!  As I am looking at all the $3.50 yard, my heart is leaping!!!  Wow fabric that cheap and it even gets cheaper at the discount area.. fan me, fan me!  Whew! 
I stop to get my barings together and I decided to watch the people walking by.  Um well, to say the least, I thought to myself, are these people for real?  Is this like a cult that all people going into Walmart dress like this?  Meaning, I remember going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was in High School and everyone dressed up like the characters.  Scary when you haven't seen the movie yet.  

It stopped me in my tracks and made me giggle the whole time I was shopping, it just kept getting better.

When I got home from that afternoon, I thought there HAS to be a website for the "Walmart People" and there was!  I swear I saw these same people there on Sunday!


HIS shorts says it all! (That's a guy!)

Do you think he is a dad to someone?  (This is a GUY too!)  EWWWWW


This poor dog is saying "Just shoot me, what are my friends gonna say"!  A Mohawk is pretty bad in itself, but a blue one, come on!

There are hundreds of pictures on this website www.peopleofwalmart.com.  I laughed and laughed at these picture.  I truly believe now that it is a cult.  Now off to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show, now where did I put my black fishnets.....

PS.  I did get done everything I needed to, forgot to eat lunch made it up the hill and had a dinner party at 5:30 at my house.  I AM WOMAN!!! 

Stay tuned for the great finds I found at Walmart (not the people, the goodies, Mod Podge, candles, material, etc..)  It was all worth it....

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow. I'm impressed. Your list alone made me tired. AND a dinner party? You ARE woman! ;)

Hope you had a good time.

Meadowlark said...

I try to avoid Walmart, but not because of "social justice outrage" or anything, but simply because I'm also a Target gal.:)

Interesting you should mention the fabric and "how can they..." You'll find this to be an especially interesting article http://tulapink.com/2010/09/19/outraged/

Do note (in the comments) the propensity for social outrage - seems to be common among a certain age group and socio-economic class. Me, I'll shop wherever I need to to put food on the table. Some of those gals, not so much. Of course, they have spouses who make enough they can stay at home and be crafty moms. Go figure.