Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Silhouette Project



I saw this sign done by a fellow blogger on the internet and fell in LOVE with this.  So, I thought, why not?  Oh my! It was a lot of work!!!  I learned a lot of what NOT to do.  First, I needed to make my art so much bigger!  That would have save me time and energy. 

It took me days upon days and the reason is because:

Find the Board, (I had one in my outside office)  It is Four Feet by Two Feet (question to self, "Why did you pick a sign this big?" I don't have an answer but I know not to do that size again, well, for now.
Spray the Board with Primer (thank GOD for the adapter handle for the spray paint, Do not EVER use a spray paint without it, trust me on this people!)


Spray the Board with the Orange (Five Coats)

 Being a smart girl, I knew I had to spray the board outside even when it was a little windy, I look good in a shade of orange. 

Something caught my eye when I had stood back to look at the board.  Right in front of me and the sign slithered a snake! 

 I have a remember that I am in the mountains and this is supposed to be a normal occurrence.   Thank goodness that it was a Gardner snake and not a rattlesnake! (Rattlers are the only snake I have ever seen here, so I actually was excited to see this guy).

On to my project:

Find the artwork
Play with the placement
Cut it and then place the piece

Spray with Mod Podge Sealer (which turned out to be a disaster, it turned up a lot of the artwork, again, had NO idea!) YUK, so I went over it again with the white mod podge and a sponge to try to get some of the artwork to lay flat, not going so well. Live and learn...

Well it is now finished  and ready to go outside for the world to see.

What do you think?!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Think you did a great job! :)

I spray painted something for our living room once. Made the mistake of trying with a wind. :(

Beyond the decorations i put under our house number (we don't have a "front door"), we don't decorate much for holidays, except Christmas. But i sure enjoy seeing what others do.

Have a lovely day. (Did my email come thru?)

Cathy's World said...

You are so talented!!!
I love it. Might have been a lot of work but you will be able to enjoy it year after year.
Hugs to you!
Cathy

Meadowlark said...

Dear Universe -
Please ensure your message is a bit clearer next time....

...Right in front of me and the sign slithered a snake!...

Um, Jeanine. Ya really should listen to those "subtle" signs. (no pun intended)

Looks good though!!! But yeah... smaller is probably easier!!! :)

Jeanine said...

Meadowlark,

You make me laugh, subtle would be the right word wouldn't it?

Thanks Ladies for the compliments! You should see what I am tackling now. I am very nervous about this project. It is a birthday gift so I can't post it until I give it away on the chance that this person will see it on my blog.

I just hope that it turns out exactly (I know I am setting myself up for failure with that word) how I envision it.

Custom I tell you!